Garage Sale Hacks You Need to Know
Thinking about having a garage sale before summer is up? We scoured the internet for the best tips and tricks to save you time and make you the most money!
- To draw people in (and discourage them from just driving by), put your large items in your driveway. They’ll assume you have great stuff inside your garage too!
- Organize your items by category, so your shoppers can find what they were looking for easily. For example, kitchen supplies should be all in the same area, books in another area, clothes on a separate table, etc.
- Keep a measuring tape at your cashier’s table in case anyone needs to measure furniture.
- Organize kid’s clothes by age group and gender. This will help buyers find what they are looking for easily and mean more money for you!
- Group smaller items (like kid’s toys or kitchen gadgets) together and sell as a bundle. Put them in a brown paper bag and write the bundled price on the outside of the bag!
- Tape a set of dishes together to make sure they are not accidentally sold individually.
- If you want to make the most money on a larger ticket item, DON’T place a price on it! Let the buyer make you an offer and most likely, you’ll make more money than you were going to list for it!
- If you are moving and want to get rid of everything in your home, consider selling your plants for cheap!
- Use color dot stickers to indicate the price instead of writing the price on every single item. Put up a sign in your garage that indicates what each color means so your buyers know the price of everything.
- Advertise your garage sale online with a photo of what you’ll be selling to generate interest ahead of time! Advertise on Facebook or Craigslist a day before your sale.
Do you have any tricks for making the most money at your garage sale? Comment below and let us know!