Want to buy a home in 2019? Here's a checklist to help you get ready!
If purchasing a new home is one of your New Years’ Resolutions for 2019, there are some things you can do NOW to help you get ready!
1. Check out your credit score. Your credit score can seriously impact your mortgage rate. Do you know what your credit score is? Start with this step so you can get a clear picture of your credit history and what you might be able to afford.
2. Get preapproved. While getting prequalified for a mortgage is good, it is not the same as getting preapproved. Check out different banks, online lenders and credit unions to see which would offer you the best terms.
3. Write down your must-haves. It’s a good idea to brainstorm (and write down!) your wish list for your dream home. While it’s unlikely that you’ll find a home that has EVERYTHING you want, spending some time to think about the things that are most important to you will keep you from wasting your time when you actually start to house hunt.
4. Check out neighborhoods. Drive around neighborhoods you are interested in (and even ones you don’t think you are – you never know what might be a great fit!) at different times during the day to really get a feel for what the neighborhood is like. Check out our “On the Road with #MARCUMsold” videos to get some insight into some of our favorite Richmond neighborhoods!
5. Find your perfect realtor. Not all realtors are created equal. Take some time to find a realtor who is accessible, knowledgeable, experienced AND whose personality works well with yours. They are going to help you with a life-changing decision so you want to make sure you find someone you trust, and like!
Is buying a new home in 2019 in the cards for you? We’d love to help you! Get in touch with us here!