5 Signs You Have the BEST Neighbors Ever
One of the best parts of your neighborhood is who you share it with. Having good neighbors is essential for long-term happiness in your home. Here are 5 signs that you have amazing neighbors (as if you didn’t know already!).
1. They look out for you and your house. If they see someone hanging around that looks suspicious, they let you know. If you left your car lights on, they let you know. If your dog got out of the backyard, they let you know. Good neighbors look out for each other.
2. They let you borrow stuff. A cup of sugar, tools, maybe even a bottle of wine if you’re out and don’t want to run to the store…good neighbors let you borrow their stuff because they know you are going to return the favor.
3. They genuinely love your kids. If you have kids and live in a neighborhood with other families you’ve hit the jackpot. But even if your neighborhood varies in age, or maybe there are no other kids at all, you can still luck out with neighbors who truly love your kids. Neighbors that always buy from your kid’s school fundraiser, who play catch with them in the front yard, bring them a band aid if they scrape their knee in front of their house…those are the kind of neighbors you want. AND if you can list one of your neighbors as your child’s emergency contact at school, then you KNOW you’ve got great neighbors.
4. They are up for impromptu get-togethers. Front porch sittin’, pulling up a chair around a bonfire, or coming over for a last minute game-night are things that awesome neighbors do. You don’t have to impress them with a perfectly planned party, prepare an elaborate meal, or even clean up that much. Really great neighbors don’t care.
5. They feel like your family. Especially if you do not have family that lives nearby, wonderful neighbors often become your family. They come to special events, remember your birthday, and share holiday meals with you. There is just a special bond that you have with your neighbors that lasts a lifetime.
What are we missing from our list? What makes a great neighbor to you? Comment below and let us know! And if you have amazing neighbors, share this post with them to let them know how much you love them!