5 People You Need on Your Team When Buying a House
Purchasing a new home can really be a smooth, easy and even fun process, but having the right people on your team is essential. Here are 5 types of people you’ll be working with during the home buying process that you’re going to want to get to know.
- The Mortgage Broker. A good mortgage broker will help determine the best type of loan program that works for you. Think of them as a middleman between you and a potential lender. They will help you understand your different options and will work with several banks to find your perfect lending solution.
- The Real Estate Agent. Finding a real estate agent that you trust, that understands your family’s needs and that is truly dedicated to you is one of the most important aspects of purchasing a home. Be sure to ask your friends who they refer, interview prospective agents, and take time to find your perfect real estate agent match. We can’t over state how trusting (and liking!) your real estate agent is in the success of your home search! Need a real estate agent? We have some ideas!
- The Home Inspector. Prior to closing, you need to know about any defects in the home you want to buy. What the home inspector discovers could drastically affect your offer. Home inspectors look at the home’s foundation, plumbing, electrical systems, attics, water leaks and more. Learn more about home inspections (and meet one of our favorite inspectors) here!
- The Insurance Agent. Once your home inspection is completed, it is a good idea to share it with your insurance agent. They can point out any red flags on the home that might increase your home insurance rates. They can also recommend any additional coverages that you might want to consider and help you understand how much you would need to budget for insurance costs for the home.
- The Attorney. Real Estate Attorneys conduct a title search on your potential property to ensure that there are no outstanding liens on the property, that the deeds have been properly executed and can help prepare loan documents for the purchase of your home. Wondering if you need to have a real estate attorney? Check out the benefits of having one here!
If you need recommendations for any of these professionals in the Richmond area, we can help! We have built up a great team to help our clients purchase their dream home and we’d love to help you make your home buying process as painless (and enjoyable!) as possible!