5 New Construction Upgrades You Might Regret Not Getting
Plan on building your dream home? There are so many decisions to make about the floorplan, the finishes of your new home and the upgrades that are important to your family. Before you make an expensive decision on new construction upgrades, take a look at the 5 options we think you’re going to want.
- Hardwood Throughout. If you think you will ever want hardwood throughout your entire home, now is the time to put it in. It will be harder to match later on and it’s not an easy home improvement project to deal with while you are living in the home.
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades. Choosing energy efficient upgrades during the building of your new home will save you money in the long run. Talk to your builder about high efficiency HVAC options, energy efficient appliances, lighting, insulation, and even solar panels!
- Rough in Plumbing. If you ever think you might want to add in an additional bathroom in your basement, now is the time to have plumbing roughed in. Trying to add in plumbing after your home is built is difficult and expensive, so prepare now to save yourself the headache later on!
- Extra Basement Height. If you are building a home with an unfinished basement (but think you might finish it down the road) have your builder add an extra foot of height. This will make such a big difference in the livability of your basement later on and you’ll enjoy your time down there much more!
- Kitchen Upgrades. The kitchen is really the heart of the home. Make sure you are designing a kitchen that not only you are going to LOVE but that will increase the functionality of the space. The upgrades that you choose for your kitchen will also increase the value of your home if/when you are eventually ready to sell.